Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Thankful Day #2

I have decided to start out today's list by putting a positive spin on a negative situation.

1. I have been told that in the body department I got a dud, but there are several body parts that I have that work quite well. For example, my ear lobes. They have been true to me since kindergarten, holding up various sizes and shapes of earrings. My fingernails have never given me any problems! They grow like they are supposed to, they hold paint well and hold up nice after cleaning the house. My nose has always been good to me, warning me of places I should or shouldn't go or and always letting me know if I needed a shower that day or if it could wait when I was running late somewhere. So here's a shout out to the body parts I have that do work!!!!!

2. I am paraphrasing this to the best of my ability. My sister was saying that it would be nice this year if we could focus more on things that were home made and from the heart, making Christmas more Christ centered, instead of getting into all the hustle and bustle of seeing who can spend the most or get the greatest gifts (am I any where close Diana?) Anyway, I thought about that and today I met with the lady in my ward that is in charge of the humanitarian aid. For the next year...maybe longer...I am going to be sewing quilts and bags and all sorts of things for the church. So I am thankful I was given the idea to have this holiday season more Christ centered.

3. I am thankful for Lyrica!!!! It is a fibromyalgia medication...I think it is the only one that is FDA approved and it really works. I tried it before, but the side effects were really hard on me. Of course it causes weight gain and it made me really dizzy. But since I have hurt too much to hardly even walk for the last few weeks I am going back on it. Today I cleaned the house, did all the laundry, ran errands, did grocery shopping for thanksgiving, made lemon and herb baked halibut and salmon, scalloped potatoes and corn for dinner and I am still going. I hope I can handle it better this time...at least the next month will be AWESOME!!!

1 comment:

Morgen said...

you are so wonderful!:) I love the attitude you have in spite of all the trials in your life...you are an inspiration!!