Tuesday, November 18, 2008

A polite no thank you...

I have been having problems with my asthma again, constant coughing, and difficulty breathing. I called the doctor and got in that afternoon (yesterday). After a few tests he determined that my lung tissues have filled with fluid again (which is what put me in the hospital for 5 days last month). He suggested I go back in the hospital where he could treat me with high doses of IV steroids and IV antibiotics. My response to that was a polite, but firm NO THANK YOU (followed by a little begging). I am so sick of hospitals, the thought makes me want to puke...and then set $10,000 on fire because it feels like I am just throwing it away. So the doctor and I compromised and this is what we came up with. A REALLY big shot of steroids right in the bum, big doses of prednisone, 2 inhalers, breathing treatments every 4 hours, always sitting under a humidifier to loosen me up and an antibiotic (just in case)! I get 4-5 days to show that I am improving and if not, I go to the big house (hospital/jail they are one in the same). But since yesterday I discovered I have a bladder infection, *WARNING: All men close your eyes, or be embarrassed, I rate this PG-13* a yeast infection and my period started :c CAN LIFE GET ANY WORSE!!!! Oh, crap I just jinxed myself...

5 comments:

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

Hang in there Shelley, and knock on wood. That'll nix the jinx!!!

Diana said...

definitely pg-13 rated!

jenifer said...

man-- we'll add you to our prayer list... love your blog!!

Morgen said...

that suck's so bad! I am sorry that you are going thru that right now. I am thinking of you and hope you get better soon!!:)

Dawn said...

Nathan wasn't bothered by your description one bit :)