Sunday, November 16, 2008

Kids say the darndest things...

Tonight my sister and her family came over and we were visiting for a while. We were up in the living room where we have some nut crackers under our Christmas tree. The kids were playing with them and then Ellie, who is 3, picked up the white one. She was playing around and all of the sudden she turned to me with all the innocence of a child and said, now with two pieces in her hands:
"It comed off!?!"
(Blushing with a half grim smile)
Not knowing if she should laugh or cry her big brown eyes starred at me and as I smiled she knew it would all be ok!


How sweet is the innocence of a child! And isn't it nice to know we have the face of the Savior to look into and say "It comed off" or "Oopse, can I get another crack at this" and know it will all be ok. What a great privilege!

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

I love that story! That is a great analogy for our relationship with the Savior and the atonement. You'll have to remember it and use it for a talk sometime.