Sunday, November 9, 2008

Happy Birthday to me

I have been dreading this birthday for 364 days. So when the fatal day came around I decided that to make myself feel better I would put up all the Christmas decorations!! How fun is that, I mean Christmas is my most exciting holiday and I wish that I could celebrate it all year long. Even though November 6th is a little early to some people I thought it was the perfect day. Although none of it would have happened with out the help of my sister Diana and my mom. I wasn't planning on telling my parents until my mom came home from work that night when it was all done and I had sworn Diana to secrecy. But my mom had the flu that day and it was a little hard to hide!!

Starting in the basement we decorated the ledges only to find out when we were done that the lights didn't work...typical!!! This is half of one ledge...



...and this is the other half.



This is the small ledge my the book shelves. Moose's and Santa's and snowmen oh my!



And of course the stockings were hung by the chimney with care!!! A very lonely 3 stockings I might add.




This year we bought a new tree and downsized quite a bit. I was disappointed but I decided I LOVE this tree!




Diana and her kids came over for birthday cheesecake and afterwards we took a picture under the amazingly decorated tree! Again, thanks Diana, it would have taken me days to do it alone because I have felt so sick!!!



I wish the flash had worked out better because I LOVE these kids!!! And one of the best things about my birthday is that Diana is going to help me do some redecorating in my room!!! I am so excited. When we are done I will be giving guided tours :D (and for those of you who don't know, this is a sideways smiley face, and it means that I am really happy). I had to explain that to a few family members!!!



6 comments:

Diana said...

We sure had fun bringing out the Christmas cheer early! I love the tree! Once again, happy birthday, your 30's will be the best decade yet!

jenifer said...

Happy, happy birthday Shelley dear... happy days will come to you all year!!! WOW!! Hope you have a great day and an AMAZING year!! LOVE and HUGS from TEXAS!!

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

Happy Birthday! I know how much you love Christmas. If I remember right, we listened to Christmas music all year in our apartment. I'm glad you got what you wanted on your "dreaded" birthday. Give me a heads up on turning 30, so I'll be prepared in a few months! Thanks!

kera said...

happy birthday! am i late in saying that? if so, sorry... but i hope you still love me. :)
30 is not so bad. there are 30 year olds all over the place. we all will get there at some point. personally, for mine, i think i'm going to take a trip somewhere exotic. like hawaii or cancun or something.

Morgen said...

Happy 30th old woman!
I love seeing pictures of your house..brings back memories!

A Forever Family said...

Hooray it's your birthday! Okay I can't sing but think of that song on the movie 16 candles (that we all love!)....
"You say it's your birthday.....boom boom boom
Well it's my birthday too.......boom boom boom
You say it's your birthday.......boom boom bom
Well it's my birthday too......."

Ya ok that's all I know of it. =) I Hope you had one awesome day to hang out and have lots of fun.
Miss Ya Girl!