Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Snap, Crackle, Pop...no rice krispies!!!

This morning as I was getting ready to start preparing our family's secret stuffing recipe (it is from England, passed down through my mom's family, and it takes at least 3 hours to make) while my mom and I were in the living room playing with the cat. She (Bella, not my mom) was starting to pull down the beads on the Christmas tree and I ran over to stop her. But on my way, my foot slid on the carpet causing me to go into a split like pose. But, my body doesn't do that...so I fell and hit my head, my knee cracked (not literally, just the noise), then came the loud pop which I think pulled every muscle from my knee to my foot and then I managed to twist my ankle. What ever happened to the tuck and roll advice we got as kids, or how about just falling strait down? WHAT WAS I THINKING!! As I lay there in agony on the floor my mom ran over and kept saying "what can I do for you?" The only thing she came up with was "can I hold your foot," because it was in the air. So we assessed the damages and wrapped the swollen parts, thus the picture, knee to foot and have been adding ice and heat off and on. So who knows what tomorrow will bring. With my luck I am thinking it's going to be amputation.



Will I ever have a normal, plain, run of the mill holiday? I'm not holding my breath!

No comments: