Thursday, November 20, 2008

Ice packs, heating pads, rice bags, nebulizers, inhalers, humidifiers and medications, OH MY!!!

The make shift Shelley Gee Memorial Hospital has been set up in my basement and I must say that I am very proud of what we have been able to accomplish. If I didn't know better, I would say that I was in a first rate hospital. Notice the cat sleeping on my chest every morning whether I like it or not, I guess you could say she has grown on me.



The day time nursing staff has been very attentive to me as you can see. Boy am I glad when the night shift comes on...thanks Mom I LOVE YOU!!!








I must admit that the food is much better than that of a hospital cafeteria.



The first few days have been very painful because my fibromyalgia is in a major flare up right now because of what my body is going through and it just sucks, but I am having a hard time relaxing and falling asleep because of the high dose of steroids I am taking...thus the time, 2:44 a.m. Well I will keep record of my journey to keep myself occupied on something other than my pain.


3 comments:

kera said...

hey shelley! i'm sorry you're not doing well. at least you have a little furry creature to cuddle with, right? :) i hope you start feeling better soon. your attitude is amazing! i love you and i'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Mary said...

You look SET UP! Bummer that you have to get so set up though. Hope you feel better soon! Keep us posted.

Morgen said...

Looks like you don't need a hospital..you have it all figured out!:) Hope you get better soon!