Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Fun at the hospital...is that an oxymoron?

I am sure that everyone knows by now that when I start a post with "my most recent stay at the hospital..." there is no surprise at what is coming. So for this post I would like to say...well...um...ok, I guess there is no other way to put it. My most recent stay at the hospital was interesting? Maybe adventurous? But more like BORING!!!! It is a good thing that I had my camera to capture all of the excitement.

Can you believe that this was the view I had right outside my very room? What a beautiful mix of concrete, snow and cloudy skies! Boy was I lucky!




I must have been one of the few that had a bedside tray as amazing as this one...it held so much stuff!!!! Let's see, there is my notebook, a few novels, my scriptures, a mug of water, a breathing contraption, Kleenex, some crackers and a heat pack on the very end! Oh, and lets not miss the view out my door. That red fire alarm kept my company many a long painful night. Boy was I lucky!



What a blessing to have a TV, VCR and DVD player! Here I am watching John and Kate + 8, I even had a house keeper come in and sneak a peek for about 30 min of an episode because it was here favorite show. As you can tell by the wall clock, it is 15 o'clock. It is very interesting to be in a place where time is everything but means nothing to you! Especially when taking pain medicine make counting impossible! But, boy was I lucky!




This is the just after a shower look, everyone in the biggest hospitals are going for it! I am also sporting a tan gown with burgundy spots which opens in the back for your own convenience! This specific gown is from the Evening Collection. Boy was I lucky! I can't believe I put this in here...be forgiving people, I was really sick!



We all know that Shelley + hospital = chicken fiasco! But on the tray card it made everything much more clear. Allergies: Chicken Embryo Derived (meaning I can eat eggs). Boy was I lucky when only one person couldn't figure that out. My first meal, chicken.



You might be wondering by now why I feel so lucky? Well I will tell you the secret. While I was in the hospital I saw a commercial showing a hospital in Africa and WOW, that was BAD!!! Thank Heaven I am home!!!








3 comments:

Jean said...

Sorry you had to go back. Even I hate the hospital and I get paid to be there! Glad you're feeling well enough to blog to us. God bless!

jenifer said...

ok. i mean this chicken thing is ridiculous... seriously. if you decide to sue you could end up a trillionaire... just think about it. :) then maybe you could share some of that mulah with your favorite cousin's wife... just a thought.

Bridgette said...

That is pretty ridiculous about the chicken thing. You have a great sense of humor though. I'm glad you are back home again!