Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Brain dead...that is how I would describe myself today!

It's 5:48 a.m. and I am up. You might be thinking that I got up early to get a head start on the day, or to see the sunrise, or to even cook my parents a wonderful breakfast! Let the truth be known...you all think too highly of me. Those of you who have lived with me know I am NOT a morning person. But, this picture here to the left, yeah, that scary one, that's been me for the last two nights!!!

Monday night at about 2:00 a.m. I started to panic because I wasn't falling asleep, I was having the feeling you get when you are almost too tired to sleep and it sends you into a panic attack because you are so uncomfortable and the panic attack always leads to not sleeping because I get too wound up.

But tonight, I was calm and relaxed! I laid down in our recliner with my heating pad so I wouldn't be in too much pain to sleep, I had a cold cloth over my eyes and was listening to reruns of Home Improvement, The Cosby Show, Fresh Prince, Full House...ya know, all the good/safe old shows. I laid there patiently as 1 o' clock came and went 3 o' clock crept past, and finally at 4:00 a.m. I decided that enough was enough!!!

So I went up to the kitchen and I did left over dishes, made bread, started laundry, my dad is finally getting the cookies he has been begging for and then I thought I would take a break and blog for a bit. Oh, I also made very extensive "To Do" lists that should take me through Christmas.

If I can't sleep tomorrow night and am 100% sure that I will go to the hospital and DEMAND to be tranqulized! If not I really think I might go crazy...not cute, loopy crazy, like PMS x10 crazy. They might have to put me down like they do animals when they go crazy.

Oh, both my parents just came down and no pancakes, eggs and bacon for them, they have to have cold cereal. I guess if I don't sleep tonight I'll make them a great breakfast tomorrow morning >sniff, sniff<

It's a good thing that I am just DANG TOUGH!!!!

3 comments:

Al said...

Hey-did I ever send you the digital files of our old Yoga tapes? I sleep way better after I do that-if I haven't done that yet let me know and I'll send them to you. Matt waved his magic wand and now they're mp4's. :D
Also, from the magical reader's digest home remedies book:
a) small turkey sandwich + glass of milk before bed.
b) Wow, there's a lot more. I'll shoot you an email. :D

Also-it really is going to be okay. Stinky sometimes, but okay. :)

jenifer said...

um. don't leave your favorite cousin's wife off the list. i want some pancakes, or homemade bread... i mean, if you can't sleep anyway. I'd say, try reading your scriptures- that always works for me. (ooo did i really just say that?)

Bridgette said...

You are very tough. Insomnia is my all time worst ailment. In my last pregnancy, I had about three months of on and off insomnia and I almost went crazy.