Friday, March 13, 2009

Hallelujah

YES, THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME! So the doctor said that there is fluid in my lungs. He also said he thinks there might be some problems with my vocal cords because of all the coughing I do. He said to fix it I would have to have some kind of surgery down at the University of Utah. Can you imagine what I would do if my parents suggested they take out my vocal cords all together!! I have been a motor mouth since I was1...I am amazingly gifted! Although I do know some sign language. He also said that to fix it you have to have a surgery down at the University of Utah. But, since he is not sure about it, I think we will wait until the insurance kicks in, maybe next year about this time...if I'm lucky!Darn that blasted Government. So I am on 80 mg of prednisone (still can't spell it) and every 3 days I taper down 10 mgs. I also have to give myself insulin shots again. Then there was that SUPER DUPER SHOT I got to lessen the pain of feeling like someone is stabbing me in the chest with a knife every time I dare to take a breath. I am definitely rejoicing today!

3 comments:

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

I'm glad you're home. But YUCK!

Alyssa said...

I'm glad you are home!!! I love you and miss you!! Give your family some love from us!

Debbie Murdock said...

Shelly I am so sorry that you have to deal with all this! If you have to come down to the University of Utah give me heads up so I can come visit at least!