Monday, March 30, 2009

Every night before my parents and I go to bed
we read a page form the book "Stand A Little Taller"
by Gordon B. Hinckley. This is the book
where there is a scripture and a quote that
goes along with each day of the year.
Tonight was definitely a topic I love and needed to be reminded of.
"Be not faithless, but be believing, in your capacity as a son or
daughter of God to learn so that you may go forth to
serve and make a contribution to the society of which you will become a part.
Look up and go forward!"
The scripture was Moroni 7 :33
"And Christ hath said: If ye will have faith in me
ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in me."
I think that it is so important to be reminded about faith,
I know in my life it is the foundationthat gets me
through everything...but there were several years
I chose to do things on my own and of course
Reba has a quote that is great for this situation
"Your dumber than a 10 pound sack of stupid"
(I absolutely love that, it is hilarious)
I do know now that FAITH will get me through everything!!
"Look up and go forward!!"

2 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

I love that little book. I use that for my little spiritual thought before my meetings start.

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

I love that quote from Reba. Pair it up with a quote from the old disney movie The Apple Dumpling Gang, "Your brain was poured in with a teaspoon". Every time I watch it I laugh so hard! You should watch it..... Just have an inhaler ready incase you start having an asthma attack again! :)