Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I've gone dark...

I don't know if any of you watch the TV show 24, but whenever Jack Bauer is on a mission and doesn't make contact with the outside world they say he has 'gone dark'. Well, with being sick and depressed I had to 'go dark', but now I'm back!

It has been one of those weeks where my mind had been so swamped with stress from so many different angles I now feel like my head is just above water. I've probably said this in the last 10 posts, but I am so sick! I did get out of the hospital on Sunday and then Sunday night I started to get worse. Last night I went back to the doctor thinking I was going to go back into the hospital. The doctor bumped my steroids (only for asthma people, no one get excited) up from my usual dose of 2.5 mg a day to 40 mg while I was in the hospital and yesterday up to 80 mg. My lungs are refusing to work so the plan is to hit them hard with the scary dose of 80 mg and I get until Friday to see if there is a difference, before going back to the hospital.

Then there is always my old friend fibromyalgia who is feeling left out and has been making her presence know for the last few weeks. Whenever anything goes wrong or is out of whack in my body my fibromyalgia is triggered and I go through a 'flare up'. To describe how bad I hurt now is close to being stabbed all over and then having my nerve endings set on fire (but you know me, it's no big deal)....I am totally lying, it is killing me!

With my dad, the doctor had originally said that we needed to go down to the Huntsman Cancer Treatment Centers of America, but there is actually a doctor in Rexburg now who trained down at Huntsman's, who also treated my aunt, so we are going to see him first before we make that long drive. We still don't know if it has spread, he is actually having a bone scan as we speak to see what we are dealing with.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers it has been a life saver. There is a saying at the bottom of my blog page that says "I have learned that being with those that I love is enough!" You are all included in that.

3 comments:

Morgen said...

I LOVE 24!!! I haven't watched any this season yet, we have been dvr'ing them waiting to have time to watch them...now we are going to be moving and will miss the rest of the season:( so I think we will just wait til it comes out next year and buy it.
I hope you don't have to go back to the hospital and that things work out with your dad. You are such a strong person!!!

Bridgette said...

I'm so sorry that times are so rough for you. That fibromyalgia sounds awful. We will keep you and your dad in our prayers. Stay strong!

jenifer said...

doubt not, fear not!
be proactive.
sorry that life is so hard sometimes... but you are a great inspiration to all of us to stay positive through adversity. we love you. we're praying for you. and we hope you have lots more funny things to tell us about soon. seriously. i'm waiting for the hospital room photos with grand anticipation.