Monday, January 5, 2009

I am not just the "weird cat lady" we have become the "weird cat family!!!"

My parents and I have discovered that Bella is just as much of a family member as any of us. So when my mom and I discovered poor little Bella had a bunch of sores on her neck and they were bleeding we all freaked out!!! We made an appointment with the vet for that day and we were all very somber as we walked into his office. When they called her name ALL of us had to go back into the room. We sat with anxiety waiting for the vet to come in. When he did he felt the sores and my mom blurted out "it's not cancer is," because she had to have a leukemia test when she was taken to the adoption agency. We waited in anticipation for at least 30 seconds and with a smile and a small chuckle the vet said that it was probably just overly dry skin that was causing the problem. We were so relieved!!!!!!!!!

The vet gave her a few shots and then had to shave her neck. We had to clean it with some special cat soap and gave us an antibiotic to rub on it every night for a week.

Well two months have gone by and her neck still hasn't grown back its fur so this is what Bella looks like now. When you look at the right angle it looks like half her neck is gone and it is kinda freaky!!



I also think that Bella has out grown her bed...what do you think?



My dad gets so much joy out of playing with Bella. Here he is dangling a toy fish on a string in front of her and she jumps, dives, and even walks on he back legs to get to it. I think we have a prodigy in our midst.

1 comment:

Bridgette said...

I'm glad Bella is going to recover! Also, I am really glad you have a computer again. Keep posting!