Wednesday, January 7, 2009

If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all...

This is a song that my dad sings to me quite often and boy is it ever true! I went to the doctor yesterday because I have been feeling really sick: coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever, sore throat, extreme exhaustion...all the good stuff. I have felt like this for about a month, but the scary thing is that I have also had a lot of chest pain which leads me and my doctor to think of one thing, BLOOD CLOT!!!! I had a blood test done that can tell if there is a blood clot somewhere in my body. I am not really having breathing problems like I did last November when I almost died, but I am still scared to deat...maybe I won't finish that thought. I keep thinking to myself Doubt not, Fear not! I know I will be able to handle whatever comes. The doctor was supposed to call me today and give me the results but I haven't heard from him. I guess I will be calling him in the morning!! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Melissa Sutton said...

Oh, Shelley, I hope all goes well! I'll keep you in my prayers. :) I love your attitude about all of it! I know that it makes a huge difference when we stay positive through our trials. Hang in there.

Heather said...

oh dear shelley! i hope it's all okay. you are so brave and so good. take care!!! i love reading your blog. you are an optimistic and do so much good for others. keep it up.