Thursday, October 23, 2008

Roommates vs. Parents


In the year and a half that I have been at home I have noticed there are pretty big differences in living with roommates verses living with your parents. These are the best examples!

1. With roommates we always played games--board games, card games (canasta or hand and foot for hours on end), etc. But my parents and I discovered a game that I never played while I was at college. It was "whose blood pressure is the lowest today"!!! I won...is that something I should brag about?

2. All night parties with roommates were just that...all night long. All night parties at home consist of dinner in front of the t.v., watching news, Reba, and whatever is on at 7:00 followed by bed promptly at 8:30.

3. My roommates and I used to love to sing whether it was with a piano, guitar, or just to the radio. At home the singing is usually left to my dad and his renditions of "If it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all" and who can forget the time he started to sing "You are my sunshine", to me, but it came out "You are my cow pie, my only cow pie." Now that is love.


But, there are also PERKS!!

1. You can turn the heat on in the winter because parents have money to pay for that luxury.

2. Family/Roommate dinners that consisted of Mac and Cheese and Top Ramen only happen once a month at home instead of once a day with roommates.

3. Parents cars are a lot nicer to ride in and you don't have to hope that you make it to your destination like you do in a roommates car.

4. There is always toilet paper because no one is fighting over who has to buy it THIS time.
5. My mom is ALWAYS there to talk to and no one can compare to your mom!!!

So, which is better? Parents of course!!!! Because fun and games and all night parties can't compare to the love I have for my family!!!!!!!

No comments: