Saturday, January 30, 2010

Memory #1

Two years ago when my dad was still driving
he decided he wanted to have McDonald's for lunch.
No one thought anything of it until he went to to get the mail a few
days later and brought it
in the house on a McDonald's tray. For the
life of me I couldn't figure out what in the world it was
or where it had come from.
UNTIL...I saw the golden arches and then I knew!
A few day's before when he went to get his lunch he must have gone
inside and then put the food on a tray and walked out.
It was so funny and we were laughing so hard!!
I made him be serious so I could take a picture and
it turned out to look like a mug shot!!




5 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

That's pretty funny!!!

Lanette said...

Hil. ar. i. ous.

Love it. That is so funny.

Love you.

jenifer said...

i just got your package in the mail and I LOVE IT!!!! thank you SO much for thinking of me... we don't have anything like deseret book here in lubbock, so it's my absolute favorite place ever.
and, packages are the best surprises!!
THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bridgette said...

Hang in there Shelley! You are so strong, and I'm so glad you have these happy memories to help you through this time.

Ann said...

Hi Shelley!

I just saw that you left a message on my blog. I don't keep it up very well, or tend to write a lot of what I really want to. Maybe someday I'll get better. But I do post pictures pretty regularly at least. :)

I'm so sorry to hear about everything you've been going through. My Mom told me when your dad past away and I wish so bad I could have be to his funeral. He was/is a great man and I'm sure doing great things now that he is free from his mortal trap.

When I told Jared that he had past.... Jared actually remembered him. I always try to remind Jared of people by telling them they came to our reception and what they were wearing, or how they look. And he never remembers. But last summer we were outside visiting with Brother Grover and your dad stopped by to visit with us. (I got the feeling he knew who I was.) He must have made an impression some how for Jared to remember him. :)

You are an AMAZING person and have always been one of my favorites. Sometimes when I sing to Carson, I think of the times sitting around the fire at girls camp singing the same songs... and you always come to mind.

We're coming home in a couple of weeks for a wedding and I would love to swing by for a visit if you will be around. I'll call when we get there. My number is 303 589 5747.

Love ya,

Ann