Friday, January 29, 2010

HUMmmmm

***If your not feeling supportive of me
today don't bother reading any further***

There is a lot to think about when you have been awake since 3am. There are so many thoughts going through my head about my dad. Lots of I should haves, wish I would haves, why didn't I do more of this, why did I do that, and why did I get so impatient when he would ask the same question over and over and over and over again. I guess the big question is why do I allow Satan to put these thoughts in my head? Of course I could have done things better, there is always room for improvement in most aspects of all of our lives. But, how do other people go day by day and just handle it, and why does it feel like it is destroying me. Intellectually I know I was here for my dad and I did everything humanly possible to take care of him...I did my best. But, why do I feel my best is never good enough?

My health is also taking a nose dive!!! I was talking to my doctor and he said that when you are a primary caregiver most of your physical problems are lessened because you just can't deal with it and then when the person is gone you are hit full force with whatever you was going on physically. So I feel completely horrible and it is a bunch of random things. I have had SEVERAL migraines, a consistent headache for about 4 weeks now (not counting the migraines), I have a swollen gland, and ear ache, I'm dizzy and I feel like I am going to pass out all the time, my stomach is always upset and I keep throwing up (but I did lose 6 lbs in 3 days...I am still weighing the pros and cons to that one) and I am not sleeping...well does 3-4 hours a night for 2 weeks count? Plus my fibromyalgia is killing me, this morning I am having a hard time letting my clothes touch me because I hurt so bad. I know a lot of it is related to stress, we just can't make it go away.

As I have been writing this Heavenly Father blessed me with a memory. I think everyday my dad came to me and gave me one of those hugs that just make you feel safe. Each time he would get teary and say "I don't know what I would do without you. We couldn't make it if you weren't here" Wow, that's enough to make me cry. And every night after family prayer he would say "I love you Sherry" (most of the time he got it right but it was hilarious when he didn't). Then I would say something about it and he would cover his mouth and laugh until we all ended up crying.

I LOVE YOU DAD!!!

8 comments:

Suzette said...

Shelley,
Sorry about the long nights. Thoughts are usually negative in the middle of the night. You did so much for your Dad. Don't beat yourself up for little things.
Suzette

Nanette said...

Shelley,
I love you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Mom

Nanette said...

Shelley,
Thank you from me and Dad for all you did. We love you.
Mom

jenifer said...

sherry-
love you.
there is always sunshine through the clouds.

singing now...
THE SUN'LL COME OUT... TOMORROW!!! bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow... there'll be SUN.

yelling now...
TOMORROW!!!
TOMORROW!!!
we LOVE YOU!
TOMORROW!!
your only A DAYYY AWAY!!!
(hope i got the words right)

hang on gal!

Jean said...

What a sweet memory of your dad. Make sure to put together a "good memories" book that you can look through during those early mornings that are so tough. Ask friends and family to contribute entries to your book of their favorite dad memories too. You can put the whole thing together at www.blurb.com ... they have free book making software that you can download (called "BookSmart") that will let you put together pictures and stories. When it's finished they will print it out for you and ship it right to your house. Other's who want can order a copy of the book too. A creative project is a great way to occupy your mind.

Shelley Gee said...

Thanks Jean, that is a great idea!!

Lanette said...

Os, Sherry, eventhough I'm commenting now, I DID read this days ago. Promise. You're right, it was disheartening at first, but I love the afterthought. I guess that's why we have moments like that...to help us, sustain us, make us laugh, during the times that are nearly unbearable. You amaze me, all that you did, sacrificed for the greater love--your dad. Bonus points in heaven...you better believe it. I love you, Shel.

Oh, and I can't even stop laughing about the "Sherry." That is SOOO funny.

Emily said...

Shell,

I know how much mom and dad appreciated your help and mom still does. I am sorry you are in so much pain. You have focused on dad for so long I can understand what the doctor is saying. Do know that you and mom are in my prayers, and I hope you are able to rest soon.

Emily