Friday, December 12, 2008

No InSoMniA allowed....

I don't know about the rest of you but I didn't sleep at all last night. I have had insomnia since I was in elementary school. There have been times that I have gone 2-3 nights with not a wink of sleep!!

But, I guess it isn't all bad because you can learn some very interesting and amazing things on t.v. at night. I generally stick to the safe channels like HGTV, Animal Plant, Discovery channel, the news, but what I love the most is all of the old shows they play on Nick at Nite or TV Land. I can usually settle down with some Home Improvement, The Cosby Show or a little Full House.

Last night on the Discovery channel they were talking about giant rats!!! The biggest one they ever found was in New Jersey and it was (and I am totally serious) 3 feet long and weighed 15 pounds!!! They called it Ratzilla. And then in the Florida keys people were finding large animals walking around at night and when they finally called animal control they caught a rat that was breed in Africa and raise for food. And of course some dumb person had to bring them here where they are mating out of control. These were ONLY 4-5 pounds and 1-2 feet long.

Anyway they are totally taking over the Florida keys and they had to call in a swat team. They go around every night near the swamps and end up shooting 150-200 a night...17,000 in all...so far. They are over populating and could destroy the entire area. Can you imagine a 5 pound rat running around your house? Look at all of the knowledge I gained from one annoying night of insomnia!!!

2 comments:

jenifer said...

forget the rats... come to my house and we'll quilt together at 2am...

Morgen said...

remind me to never go to florida!!! I LOVE hgtv. That has got to be my favorite channel. I hope you get some sleep tonight.