Wednesday, December 17, 2008

How do you entertain yourself during a blizzard?

On Saturday morning I woke up and this is what I found outside! It was awesome!!! The first blizzard (I should say white out) of the year. We could barely see our neighbors house across the street. The power was out, so the heat didn't work...thank heavens for wood burning stoves!! But I was ready to get a dutch oven and start cooking over the fire. For as many times as I have watched Little House on the Prairie (yes, I am addicted and I am not ashamed to admit it), I could probably cook a gourmet meal over the flames!!



A blizzard is really only fun for a while and then boredom sets in. So what do you do? I decided to play with my camera. This is how my zoom works.

Close...



Closer




Closest!!! I think he was a little irritated at this point. Not really, I told him to make his angry face!


There were many other pictures I took that day, but I decided to keep those to myself. I am pretty sure no one wants to see an up close picture of my throat, or the one I took up my nostril. But, boy did I have fun!!! You may notice that most of my pictures are of my dad. That is because my mom likes having her picture taken as much as I do (which means never) - not because I love her less. I have the best parents any one could ask for!!

3 comments:

Morgen said...

I hope I am never stuck in a blizzard with you:) j/k, I luv ya!

jenifer said...

ooo looks so wonderful... i want a snow storm, with warm cookies and hot choc. and a book... and, if i can have the snow, you can take all the pictures you want of me. :)

Heather said...

what a great activity for indoor fun. i love handing the camera to abe and seeing what he comes up with to take photos of. i'm sure we'll have lots of photos taken this snowy winter. i love your dad! happy birthday to him! the duct tape wrapping paper is a great idea! oh - and we love Little house on the Prairie. Mary, Jane, and I used to play it all the time!