Saturday, December 6, 2008

Attempted Homicide by PIZZA HUT...what did I ever do to them?

The other night we decided to have a little fun and order pizza for dinner and maybe watch a movie. That was great for me because I didn't have to cook! So we ordered a supreme pizza from Pizza Hut. As we were enjoying it I noticed some white chunks, I thought it was onion and kept on eating until the moment hit and I knew what was wrong. My face was itchy, my tongue started to feel unusually large, my lips were getting big lumps on them, the inside of my ears were itching intensely, the inside of my cheeks were swelling, and the inevitable tourcherous stomach cramps started. Those white chunks were not onions....they were CHICKEN!!!! Some of you might not know, but I am deathly allergic to chicken. I can take one or two bites of something and if there is chicken hiding in it I know within a minute. So I ran upstairs (well not really ran because of the brace that I still have on my knee due to a very ungraceful incident the day before Thanksgiving) and took 3 benedryl to see if I could stop the allergic reaction before my throat started to close. Luckily I was able to breath, but got to have all of those other uncomfortable symptoms all night long!!! After 2 more benedryl (total of 5) my face started to shrink back to normal. Some may wonder how a few little pieces of chicken got onto a pizza that wasn't supposed to have it, so we made a phone call to Pizza Hut and let them know about what happened and to tell them they needed to be more careful. They said that the chicken is right next to the mushroom and some could have accidentally fallen on to our pizza. So to make a long story short...I'm ok now and maybe we will get some free pizza out of it!

6 comments:

Brandon and Katie said...

Thanks, Shelley. You are so nice. I do remember meeting you a few years ago while Brandon and I were dating. I'm actually in Sugar right now with his parents. Your dad come over a few weeks ago for home teaching. Where are you now?

Brandon and Katie said...

Hey Shelley. Man, I didn't know you were allergic to chicken. That's crazy! Are you able to eat Turkey? (this is Brandon, by the way). Hope you're doing okay!

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

Okay, so how many times is this that people you don't even know have tried to kill you with poultry? I'm aware of three now: Pizza Hut, and the hospital, and again at the hospital.

By the way, I love the pictures of your dad, Casey and Diana! Won't they be surprised to see themselves here! :D

Morgen said...

how is it that we grew up together and I never knew you were allergic to chicken. and did you say MAYBE get some free pizza out of it...you should have already...you didn't throw a big enough fit!!:)

Mary said...

Oh Shelley - what are we going to do with you? Stop nearly checking out already!! Hope you have recovered. Any other allergies I should be aware of before I inadvertently poison you?

Bridgette said...

I'm glad you are okay Shelly! How awful. Thank goodness for Benadryl.