Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Happy Birthday DAD!!!

At 6:40 this morning we were all awake to celebrate Happy Birthday #62! The night before as I was wrapping my dad's presents my mom and I decided to play a little birthday prank on my dad. Every year for his birthday, as far back as I can remember, my dad has been given a box of Florence's chocolates. They are so good you could just die!! But, instead of using wrapping paper I wrapped the entire box in duct tape. Leaving only the F on the front uncovered so he would know what it was. After some frustration and the help of a big knife, he finally opened it.



These were his other gifts. Three of the best westerns that Tom Seleck ever made (which I am sure I'll get to watch plenty of) and a new shirt.



Then came the cake and ice cream. Diana's family was able to come down and join us for the party.

Getting ready to blow...



And, almost all of them went out and my Dad said that he must not be as big of a wind bag anymore.



Then we all gathered in the family room and watched a home movie of my sister in law Sarah. Her parents sent it to us with a Christmas card. It was awesome!!!


I am so grateful to have been blessed with such an amazing man for my father. Even though I tease him all the time, he knows it is out of pure love. I love you dad!!!


3 comments:

Morgen said...

Happy Birthday Shelley's dad, you're awesome! Even though you made us get rid of our club in the 5th grade!:)

jenifer said...

happy birthday uncle steven...
(seriously, he's the cutest grandpa) and, i think it's so funny that you wrapped his candy in duct tape-- you mean daughter. and, i want some florence... well, maybe i'll be ok if i go sneak some oreos...

A Forever Family said...

What a fun happening Party for your Dad. I am sure he really enjoyed having everyone there. Is he doing any better lately? I love your picture of Christ where did you get it?