Monday, May 9, 2011

Are we not all mothers?

I have an amazing mother, and I know so many mothers who fit into the same category. But, I also think there are some very insensitive women who glorify themselves because they hold the title of motherhood (and to all of my friends, I am not talking to you, I love you all). What about all the "non-mothers" who are equally amazing because they are worthy women of the church. In a talk given by Sheri Dew in the General Relief Society Meeting in September 2001 she stated:



"As daughters of our Heavenly Father, and as daughter of Eve, we are all mothers, and we have always been mothers. And we each have the responsibility to love and help lead the rising generation."


"As mothers in Israel, we are the Lord's secret weapon. Our influence comes from a divine endowment that has been in place from the beginning"

"For mother is the word that will define a righteous woman made perfect in the highest degree of the celestial kingdom, a woman who has qualified for eternal increase in posterity, wisdom, joy and influence."

How refreshing to have someone who understands (to a degree) where I am coming from. I haven't felt upset at all since my hysterectomy until Sunday. I shouldn't have to feel bad about myself for the trial Heavenly Father gave to me, and I don't. But, I do have a problem when some mothers think they are better than me.

I don't want to end this on a bad note because I feel better now that I have vented, so every one think of puppies and kitties and we can all feel good :0)

1 comment:

Jodi said...

You are so silly - thinking of puppies and kitties doesn't make me feel better. hahaha I might get scared. :) But I do love Sheri Dew and her quotes - very true! And just for the record, I think you have a very wonderful mother! On mother's day, I can't think about my own "mothering" - because I will always come up short. When I think of my mother and her wonderful character traits it makes my mother's day so much better. (that is my kitty and puppy remedy if you will) Are we not all mothers? At least all of us women...