Monday, June 21, 2010

Uncle Dennis



This is my Uncle Dennis. My mom's brother. A TRULY GREAT MAN.
When my dad passed away, he was a great comfort to my mom. I was so
grateful for his love and support during the first few months.

On May 8th we got a phone call from his son Derek saying
he woke up with horrible stomach pain and was in the hospital.
They found he was bleeding internally and no matter how much
blood they gave him, they just couldn't keep up. He passed away later
that evening. 5 months to the day my dad passed away.


We were able to make it to Colorado to the funeral and it was a great tribute!
My uncle also served in the military so he had a military burial.
this was amazing to witness. The folding and presenting of the flag,
the gun salute, hearing taps played, I am so grateful
for the way we honor our soldiers!



Uncle Dennis, your presence will be deeply missed!!

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Shelley,
I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle. I'm thinking of you, and hope that you and your mom are holding up. Love ya,
Kendra