Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Fathers Day

I think all of the firsts this year are just going to be dang tough! I was really dreading fathers day. I was being really jealous of every who got to celebrate with their dads and I was trying not to be sad and just deal with it, but my anti-sadness turned into slight anger and of course being so hormonal that just made me start to cry. Then Diana called with the perfect idea. She invited us to meet he family at the cemetery and we all gathered around my dads grave and ate chocolate chip cookies and shared our favorite memories. We had a great time. Lots of fun memories were shared. But, I think the best part was when Sam and his friend saw all of the flowers from memorial day down by the dumpster. Well, Sam went down and got a HUGE armload of flowers to decorate the grave with. He brought back all kinds of plastic flowers, a plastic sign that said "DAD" and as soon as the grave was covered he went down for another arm load. But, Diana kindly told he that that was plenty. Sam is such a tender hearted kid. What a sweet act of kindness for an 8 year old.

No comments: