Saturday, March 6, 2010

Utah or Bust!!!

GIRLS WEEKEND!!!!!
Last weekend my cousin Lanette and I went to Utah to destress and get away from our/my problems. My mom and I were supposed to go, but she couldn't leave work so she was selfless enough to want me to still go and take a GREAT friend. By the way mom, we are still taking a vacation!!!!

Lanette and I started our weekend my stopping in Logan so I could see some of my old college roommates Lisa and Alyssa and my friend Kim. It was so fun to get together with them. We had a great time catching up and remembering the "good ol' days" at USU!

After Logan, I made Lanette Drive because I am scared of heavy traffic, coming from a town that doesn't even have a stop light. She isn't posing for this picture, this is actually how she looked when she drove for the next 3 days :0) Through the drive we listened to the homemade CD's entitled "Road Trip" volumes 1, 2, and 3. Then, took a great trip down memory lane listening to a CD an old roommate made for me called "Children of the 80's." where we were entertained my Vanilla Ice, The Back Street Boys etc., and great theme song from our favorite t.v. shows. Smurfs, Rainbow Bright, Full House, Charles in Charge and about 15 others reminded us how safe t.v. used to be.

I was so excited when we got to the hotel. As we were "going up" (the elevator spoke to us) on the elevator to the 11th floor, this was the view outside our door! Unbelievable!!!

Call me crazy, but one of the things I was most excited for was the hot tub at the hotel. The thought of sitting in there every single night after a long day of walking, shopping and sightseeing. Letting the stress of life melt away in the bliss of the bubbling hot water was the most relaxing thought I'd had in months. So naturally after we put our bags in our room, we went looking for the hot tub. This is what we found.
So not fair!!!

Then we went to the Gateway Mall. It was as great as everyone said it would be, but I don't think I would ever want to go again. The best part was that I got together with a friend from high school who I hadn't seen in 13 or so years. It was so fun!! I am so mad I forgot to get a picture though. We went to a frozen yogurt shop and had a great time reminiscing of the past and catching up on the present. Thanks for a great night Morgan!!!
That night, instead of relaxing in the hot tub :( luckily I was inspired to buy back up destress/super hero masks! With our destress/super hero masks, popcorn, candy, a soft comfy bed and a great movie our night was great!!!
I don't know why I can't turn pictures anymore, but just tilt your head.
(I seriously need to learn how to pose, I felt as awkward as I look! Feel free to giggle, I am.)

Sunday morning we went to Music and the Spoken Word which was completely amazing!!! We sat front row just off to the side. Singing with the MoTab was a children's choir from China and they were and so cute!! Then throughout different times of the production Chinese adults came out in fun costumes and played some traditional Chinese music. I have always wanted to go to this and it didn't disappoint!! Plus Richard G. Scott was there and it was fun to see him.
The cute children's choir.

After Music and the Spoken Word we went to the Joseph Smith Memorial Building for church. That building has such an amazing spirit in it all the time, but to go there on a Sunday for Church made the spirit even stronger. It was so cool!

Then we went sightseeing on Temple Square.
This is my favorite spot!!!
It is so peaceful!
Again, just tilt your head.
Flowers are in bloom on Temple Square...it is so beautiful!!


I have wanted to see the Joseph Smith movie for so long and I was more than excited to be able to see it on that day. I absolutely love everything about Joseph Smith. I think he is one of the most fascinating people to study and I have so many books about his life and all the things he went through...anyway I love Joseph Smith. So, we got into the theater, had perfect seats and the movie started, then I woke up!!! I slept through almost the entire movie!!! I caught a glimpse here and there during my head bobs but I can't remember a single thing. I CAN'T BELIEVE I DID THAT!!! That will be a good excuse to go back REALLY SOON!!

Monday, our last day, we decided to go to Park City and do some shopping. We found amazing deals and had a great time. How can you not have a great time when the cool stuff you want is 60-75% off!!!
Lanette, thank you so much for coming with me! It couldn't have been better!! I don't know what I would have done without you! Plus you taught me the ins and outs of bargain hunting (it may take a few extra hours, :0) but it definitely pays off!!) Next time lets go somewhere with a beach, call ahead to make sure the hot tub works and maybe we can brave it for 4 days :0)

7 comments:

Rebekah said...

That sounds like so much fun!
I would definitely have loved being in the car singing good ol' tunes with you all!

*I love the "awesome thought" you shared in your last post. It is perfect!

Angie said...

Haha, you are so funny; I was literally turning my head. Sounds like you had a fun and well deserved trip! I loved the pics :)

Lanette said...

So great. Your post had so many more great details than mine. No fair:). It was memorable. Thanks for 3 days of FUN!

Suzette said...

SOunds like a great getaway!

Bridgette said...

I'm so glad you were able to get away and have some fun! Everybody needs a break once in a while, and no one more than you.

Tara and Ricky said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Well deserved! And, I'm glad I could help contribute to the good times with my CD:) I haven't listened to that CD forever... I may have to whip it out here soon!!

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

I'm so glad you had so much fun! Are you feeling a bit destressed now? If not, I'm positive it's because the 'out of order' hottub would have been the key to complete relaxation. :)