Friday, March 12, 2010

Starting fresh!




In this new time of my life I am starting fresh. Not like New Years Resolution time, more like life has taken on a whole new meaning for me and my heart has changed. I can't think of the quote my Aunt Ann always says, but it goes something like when you put God first in your life everything that is good will stay and everything that is not important will fall out of your life. I have noticed that happening with me.

With the t.v. shows I watch, the entertainment magazine addiction I have, even the music I listen too (I am more interested in church CD's or 91.5 rather than the regular fun music I have). Now, this isn't all the time, but maybe 50/50. I have started ordering my favorite t.v. shows on DVDs instead of watching some of the thing that are on regular t.v.

I have new scriptures that I am going to start marking in a way that is meaningful to me. I want to dive into the Book of Mormon and really learn it!! I got some ideas from a great friend of mine on how to do this. I'm going to start scripture chains, writing down all the characters in the Book of Mormon so I know exactly who they are and what they did, I have a Book of Mormon that I am marking in a very cool way by topics.
I am so grateful for new and fresh starts!