Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Triple D

Yes, that is what I said, and that is what I meant. But, not the way most of you are thinking - get your minds out of the gutter. The triple D that I am talking about is Degenerative Disk Disease (aka Triple D). Yes, that would be the crap storm (according to Reba) I am weathering this week. Reba is smart. I am changing my life's motto to a quote from Reba's show that I have mentioned several times here before. "Sometimes life is just one crap storm after another!"

The doctor knows that I have at least 2 herniated disks and found a few other problems that he won't be able to identify until we do the MRI. I spent all morning in the ER because it was my doctors day off and I hurt so much I could barely breathe! But, I did get to come home!!! I hate staying in that hospital. It's terrible that I am 31 and I am terrified of going there because of how horribly I have been treated. But they gave me some muscle relaxers and pain medicine. Now I can actually walk but I am still very uncomfortable.

Now, it has taken me about 50 minutes to write this so I think it is a sign that I need to go to bed. I hope this is readable!

4 comments:

kera said...

That is so true about the crap storm! I am so sorry that you have to go through all that crap! Know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you. And if there is anything I can do for you from afar, let me know. I love you!

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

I love you too. Unbelievable!!!

Alyssa said...

Oh friend, I'm sorry about this latest news. My prayers are always with you.

darinangel said...

Oh Shelley, that is not fun. I had back surgery in November because of that reason. Mine was an emergency because I went numb in my lower extremities. I know how you feel. But I can tell you that I feel way better now. I am healing all the time and physical therapy is great. Thank goodness for great doctors.