Friday, October 23, 2009

Giggling with excitement...

One of my favorite people blogged about her
favorite things the other day.
I thought this was a great idea (thanks Lanette).
There are some things in life that just make me
so excited I have to giggle. Here are a few:

1. Daisy's! I love any kind of daisy. And to quote the movie "You've got mail" daisys are the friendliest flower!
2. The color pink - It is a happy color in my opinion!

3. A beautiful winter wonderland! Really, anything that has to do with Christmas. I enjoy the chance that we have to spend time celebrating the birth of our Savior. And who doesn't love giving gifts!! I am so bad, I already have gifts ready to give, and I want to tell everyone what they are, but it takes all the strength I have not to do that!!

4. Christmas Music!!! At the first sign of snow or the first of November, out comes the Christmas music. Every year on my birthday at the beginning of November we put up the tree.

5. Spending time with my nieces and nephews! These kids are such a joy to my life! Not having my own kids right now, I love spending time with them and even my friend's and cousin's kids, they just make life fun. In fact I have a nephew who is going to be a toilet for Halloween...it just cracks me up!!!

6. BOOKS!!! I love books. Everything about them! Reading them, buying them, trading with friends, all of it!! I don't read much more than LDS fiction, except Twilight and some of the classics, and whatever my book club is reading...so in fact I read lots more than just LDS fiction. But, those clean, wonderful, love stories are such a great fun getaway for the mind. I am having to buy a new bookcase tomorrow because I have so many books!!! What a guilty pleasure :D

7. The Angels who gave me my life back...you know who you are!

8. How could I ever make a list of things that I love and not mention specifically Christ our Savior. I have such a deep love and gratefulness for him. Thinking about the restored gospel does make me happy/giddy.

9. Craft and sewing projects!!! Need I say more. When I actually get some done, I will post them. I am making most of the Christmas gifts I am giving this year, so I can't post them until much later, but they will be posted.

3 comments:

Tara and Ricky said...

Oh Shelley, you are so cute!! I don't know why I didn't know you had a blog... maybe I did and I forgot.... seriously, this pregnant brain of mine is RIDICULOUS!!:) I loved reading through your posts and I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well. Congrats on the weight loss!! You are amazing! I may be taking on some of your diet tips after this baby is born... I may have been an Exercise Science major, but the nutrition side is a struggle sometimes! Anyways, keep in touch and thanks for the comment on my blog:)

Debbie Murdock said...

Oh come on Miss Shelley...you know you can play Christmas all year round!!! I do :) Especially The Carpenters...nothing says Christmas like the Carpenters.

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

I love that you shared your favorites. While we're at it, YOU are one of my favorite former roommates. I had MANY as you know...and you top the list.