Sunday, October 18, 2009

...and counting!

I have been so discouraged with myself in the last few weeks because I have had that "I'm not good ENOUGH" feeling. Every three weeks I go back to the New U clinic to see if I need to get my Lap Band adjusted. I was devastated because I had only lost 6.5 pounds even though I knew going in that most people only lose 1-2 pounds a weeks and some even less than that, I wasn't happy with my progress. As I started talking to the exercise physiologist he became my favorite person in the world. He said to me that in the diet before the surgery and the 2 months since I have lost more weight than most people do in 7 months!!! Now if that didn't make me feel better, I don't know what would! It is amazing to me that what I thought was a failure was something amazing to someone else. We are way to hard on ourselves!!!!!! So, in case you were wondering I am at 58 pounds ,and counting!!!!

4 comments:

jenifer said...

58 lbs... wow!! way to go. I'm trying to loose a few pounds and i have no idea where to begin. Please teach me everything you know. LOVE YA and i'm so excited for you. a wise person i once know told me "don't should on yourself". great advice from one shoulder to the next.

Alyssa said...

Hey Friend! I'm so glad to hear that you are doing so well!! Congratulations on 58. That is totally amazing!! You have always been so determined and diligent in the most important things in life, I'm glad you are getting rewarded for it!

Unknown said...

58 pounds is great! My biggest challenge in losing weight is being patient. I want it all off in one day, but we all know that is not realistic. Awesome job!

Nanette said...

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!!!

Love ya, Mom