Friday, March 11, 2011

Things you didn't know!

So I decided a post like this one is really not about confessions, it is more about me telling everyone about things you didn't know. Let's begin.

1. When I was in first grade I was convinced that I had learned to tie my shoes in Spanish. No one believed me, but to this day I know I was tying them different than the normal way. I just have no way to prove it!

2. The most beautiful language in the world, and the one I wish I understood better is Sign Language. I had clients who had no way of communication except for a few signs, which made me what to learn. I took 2 semesters in college but but forgotten a lot of it. I would love to relearn and become fluent!

3. When I was in high school one of my friends and I had a favorite after school snack. We loved to melt/soften a tootsie roll on top of a tortilla chip. It's that whole sweet and salty thing. I think I'm going to have to try that again.

4. In our car and truck we have handicapped signs. My mom has to use a cane to walk most of the time and so we have them for her. I have to admit that there have been a few...ummmm... many times when I've parked in those coveted spots, sometimes when my fibromyalgia is bad, and sometimes when I feel just fine. If I am feeling ok I feel like I have to fake a limp or some other ailment because I feel guilty. So if you ever see me limping into walmart, don't blow my cover!

5. Hi, my name is Shelley and I am an addict! Not your regular coke, dope, meth or alcoholic (did I get those names right) I am completely addicted to lipstick!!! The excitement of thinking about the purchase, the thrill of the hunt, the anticipation of the first application...exciting isn't it! An intervention may be in my future.

6. Sometimes when I'm shopping, on the treadmill, really anytime I have time to think to myself I either get a huge smile on my face, or I burst out laughing. Why you might ask? Because I think of the most hilarious things in my head! I make up funny situations, think of funny things that could happen to people (I said funny, not mean) or I make up jokes. Now this is a little embarrassing. If you ever see me all alone laughing hysterically maybe I just told myself a joke :D

Aren't you so glad you know more of my secrets and quirks? Stay tuned, because believe it or not, I still have more to come! Now it's your turn! What's quirky about you?

4 comments:

jenifer said...

you're so funny! i have never owned lipstick that i like... you need to give me some tips.

A Forever Family said...

Ha, that's funny... you being an addict of wearing lipstick, I bet that is an expensive one too. Make-up is not cheap. =)

Debbie Murdock said...

I'd have to agree on the sign language. And this may seem silly but have you ever heard of Signing Time by Rachel Coleman? IT. IS. AWESOME. It's geered towards kids but you learn SOOOO much and I especially love the music. They are kind of spendy so we just rotate them by getting them through our library system. You should try it out and then to solidfy the signs teach them to your neices and nephews.

Amy said...

You're so cute, Shelley! Your blogs like this make me smile. After the last time you posted your "quirks" I started noticing or trying to notice some of my own. It's hard for me to realize what is quirky about my own behavior, because I assume that everyone does the weird stuff that I do. I'll have to pay closer attention again...