Saturday, January 22, 2011

You can just call me RAD

In my last post I said I was going to the doctor to try to find more answers as to why I always feel like crap. I did get an answer that will solve some of my problems. I found out that I am totally RAD, or you could just say that I have Reactive Airway Disease. It has a lot to do with asthma which I already knew I had, the doctor just defined it a little better by saying the my lungs are chronically obstructed. That is why I always have a cough!

My immediate thought was "AM I EVER GOING TO CATCH A BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!" I do not want to spend the rest of my life on steroids and all of their side effects (the two most evil words in the world WEIGHT GAIN, which started my problem in the first place) and after those 5 seconds elapsed the doctor said "I want to put you on inhaled steroids which don't have any side effects!" YAHOO!!!!!! That made the news almost bearable.

So, I will continue to sit here with my inhaled steroids, tissues, humidifier, nebulizer, cough drops, and a great love story on the Hallmark channel and hope this cold/RAD episode will go away quickly. OOOHHH, my mom just bought me jello!

3 comments:

Lanette said...

So glad for the "no side effects." I can't imagine what a relief that would be!! Okay, so, you probably hate me because of our non-existent gym time. I've been running around like crazy every night and I never called you. Each night was booked with scouts, RS, family dinner. I'm so sorry I never called. Please forgive me. I should've. I know. There's no excuse. Will you forgive me? Pretty please?

Alyssa said...

Hey friend. That's crazy about the RAD thing with your lungs. However, I have always thought you were rad. I should have told you sooner, it could have saved you a doctor's appointment today...okay maybe not. I'm so glad the steroids have no side effects! That is one thing that is good. Anyway, I love you tons!

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

You never mentioned how RAD you are when we talked...well not in those words. At least it has a fun acronym...(or whatever that word is that means the first letters are the abbreviation...you know what I mean.) :)