Thursday, October 21, 2010

Olden days...

Sometimes I really wish we lived in the good ol' days.
I have been ordering lots of movies and TV shows from Amazon.
When I was younger I loved to watch Anne of Green Gables,
My Fair Lady, and Seven Brides for Seven Brothers.
On Amazon I found the movie Christy, but little
did I know that it became an 18 (I think) episode TV show!!
How exciting is that! Oh, I just remembered that I got that at Sam's Club.
it was about $8. I also saw it at Deseret Book but it was $30 something.
(Amazon and Sam's club are great buys!)


Then today I watched one of my all time favorites!
Who doesn't love the Sound of music!



And then there is Little House on the Prairie.
(I own most of them), now that is the "reality TV" that
my kids are going to be watching.
Why don't we get shows like that anymore!
So today I am giving a shout out to all the shows
from the good ol' days.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I totally love all of those. Little House on the Prairie is on my wishlist for my tots! I just read Christi, the book, and it was really good. How fun to think of these shows. I love when my kids watch the Brady Bunch on PBS. Enjoy your fun flicks!

Karen said...

Hooray Little House!!! :) Love it Shelley. You are awesome.

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

All I can say is AMEN to all of these fabulous classic worthwhile wholesome shows...can I come visit for a movie weekend? Wouldn't that be great?!

Shelley Gee said...

We can have a movie weekend any time!!!!!

sarah and brian said...

I LOVED "Christy"!!!!!!!! I think we were about 12 or so when that came on TV.....I was mormon then and I didn't even know it!

Debbie Murdock said...

I totally love Little House on the Prairie. Caroline Ingalls is my hero!!!! I was totally born in the wrong era!