Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Confessions: Do you really know me??

Do you ever wonder if people would really like you if they knew some of your weird, strange or quirky secrets?? I know that "true" friends always over look the weird, strange or quirky, so cheers to true friends.

Confessions:

~I am scared to buy bananas. On National Geographic they said that giant jungle spiders get into banana boxes that are shipped into the US and when you innocently try to pick up a bunch you could die a painful death from one bite of this 8 legged monster. I hate spiders!!

~I religiously watch survival shows because I am completely petrified I am going to get into a freak accident and get eaten by a bear, attacked by a shark, kidnapped at gunpoint, locked in a trunk, lost in the desert, in a plane crash, lost at sea, get stranded on a glacier, you get the picture. I want to be prepared because with my luck "freak accidents" are definitely in my future!

~When I am going to cry, just before the tears come, I get a sharp stabbing pain in my left nostril, go figure.

~After 32 years of doctor appointments and hospital stays I still get extremely nervous and have heart palpitations waiting for the doctor walk into the room, and I still cry every time I find out I have to go to the hospital. But, then I think about visitors (and gifts) and I get over it pretty quick :0).

~What makes me most happy other than being with family, extended family and friends? Laughing. Finding humor in how chaotic, stressful, crazy and unbelievable life can be. This doesn't always happen, but at least once a day I have to laugh at how much life can suck at times.

~Most embarrassing moment? Surprisingly NOT the plunger story, and that is all I'm going to say!

~I'm a reality show junkie (don't judge me)! I love watching the food network (learning cooking/baking secrets), HGTV (learning how to decorate) and lots of others shows I will never admit too :0)

~Most common dream? Parking my car somewhere and never being able to find it again and going on an amazing vacation but forgetting to pack!

I think I've confessed enough for one day, but i am sure there will be more in the future!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am totally with you on the spiders!!! I stepped on something on the floor the other night that I thought moved and screamed. Shawn was rolling his eyes, but I know he thought it was funny. Our quirks are what make us interesting and funny to others I believe. I must be really interesting too....

Lanette said...

What a great post, Shell. I loved learning all these things about you...especially the stabbing pain in the left nostril. I hope I never make you cry...unless you're laughing. Love you!

Debbie Murdock said...

WOOHOO for food network! So sad it's on cable though :(

Alison said...

You are cute Shelley! I love reality TV too, and have thought the same thing about spiders on bananas! :) Happy Valentine's Day!

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

I still love you Shelley!!! And, I'm terrified to pump gas at a gas station. I always inspect the handle before picking it up. I read a news story about some people who put needles under the handle of the pump and when someone went to pump their gas, they were poked and given HIV. Add that to the list of things you already know about me that are quirky. Hope you still like me too.