Sunday, December 6, 2009

Off to the hospital we go...

I knew that my lungs weren't going to hold out with all the smoke damage, it was just a matter of time! So last Tuesday night, with great efforts from both myself and my doctor to stay out of the hospital, my lungs took a turn for the worse and I could fight it no longer! I realized that I might have a slightly higher chance of surviving in the hospital than at home so, putting previous hospital visits aside - I decided to take the chance. I was so bummed because I had my laptop with me, I was just so sick I didn't even have the energy to blog...Now you know the seriousness of my illness. With lots of steroids, breathing treatments and tons of other medication, I am still alive and breathing relatively well at home!!

While I was in the hospital I was coughing so much that my lap bad became inflamed and swollen so I had to have all of the saline let out. It is really weird to have a "normal" stomach again. I'm thinking I might have to go to Craigo's for a pizza bomb!! But, I will be filled up again in a few weeks and be back to normal (or so to speak).

2 comments:

Jean said...

Glad your on the upswing. Hang in there! ... and no more flamables on the stove!

A Forever Family said...

Oh, Shelley what a headache, to have to worry about more medicines that you have to take. I am sorry for all that this crazy earthy life has given you to deal with. Funny thing before, I thought our Mortal bodies were "so" invincible.... boy have I been SO wrong. They are so fragile. Glad that you are using ease, caution, and love for yourself. Love you Shelley.