Thursday, December 10, 2009

Answers always come...

After everything that has been going on in the last few weeks, I have had such a 'defeated and I can't try anymore' feeling. It's almost like I have just gone numb waiting for the next crisis or tragedy not knowing if my family can handle ANOTHER one. This has been so hard because this is my favorite time of the year and I just want to be able to feel the magic of Christmas. I had all but thought the magic was gone for this year. But, answers always come. Last night the answer came in the form of my cousin Annie and her husband Garth. They brought us a wonderful dinner, helped us get some things in our house put back together, shoveled the snow, brought in wood and then showed us this clip. Which, helped me find a glimmer of that Christmas magic!!

This I know, Answers always come!!

7 comments:

darinangel said...

Thanks Shelley.

Brandon and Katie said...

Hang in there, Shelley! Thanks for sharing the video clip. BTW what is your mailing address?

Angie said...

I am so glad Annie has been there to help. She is so amazing! I really hope things get better and that your holiday cheer can return. My prayers are with you all!

Jean said...

That was a terriffic message. Thanks for sharing it.

Emily said...

Thanks Shell, that video gave me some HOPE.

Alyssa said...

Shelley, you may also thank your cousin for sending me an answer. And I thank you for posting that! Sometimes all we need is to be reminded of the most basic and eternal truths so that we can continue forward. I know I needed to hear that today. I hope that you are able to feel more of the magic of Christmas. I hope you know that we love you and your family so much. I'm so sorry you have been through so much this last month or so. Call me if you need to talk! Love you!

Emily said...

Shelley,

I really enjoy your blog. I am trying to figure out how to put you on my blog. I am kind of confused. Hopefully, this comment works to get you on my list of blogs. Merry Christmas.

Emily