Thursday, June 25, 2009

That Dam Marathon...

Every year in Rexburg they have the Teton Dam Marathon.
They have tons of other races there also, and as I was waiting for Diana
to finish the Marathon I ran into a 'Flock of Gees!'
These are my cousins running a long relay.
I didn't even know they were doing it until the announcer said
and here comes the 'flock of Gees' and I
remembered that they used that name last year so I snapped a quick
shot and it actually turned out really well.
So, here are Marc, Melinda, Jared and Elisa!
Way to go!!!!!!
My sister Diana ran with her friends Stephen and Jodi Parker,
and her brother-in-law Monty! These are the Kids holding sign's
awaiting the time they would cross the finish line.
And here they come, only an hour later than they thought.
Diana had hurt her knee during the run, but her
side kicks wouldn't leave her no matter how slow
she had to go at times! What a great group of friends!

(L-R) Diana, Monty, Jodi, Stephen
Together after just crossing the finish line!
It doesn't look to me like they ran a Dam Marathon!

Diana, in all her glory. She was so happy, I think she was
numb by then!

I was definitely a proud sister!

2 comments:

Lanette said...

Can you believe we're related to these crazy, amazing people? Great tribute, Shell! Love you.

Bridgette said...

Wow, just thinking about running a marathon makes my lungs and knees hurt! Way to go guys.