Tuesday, June 16, 2009

The big 39...anniversary that is!

Aren't my mom and dad amazing!!
June 12th the celebrated their 39th anniversary.
Because we don't know what the future holds with my dads health,
we are celebrating any and every occasion with gusto!

We had a small family BBQ and then Tanner serenaded them with
a song on his guitar - Hey There Delilah.
He was AMAZING!!!! And he taught himself to play!!!
Then the gifts began!!!
Brian and Sarah sent a beautiful heart shaped plaque with
this scripture engraved in it. D&C 84:88 "I will go before your face...I
will be on your right hand and on your left...my spirit shall be in your hearts,
and mine angels round about you...to bear you up"
Then we blew up their wedding picture, my mom was
so funny because she was embarrassed that she had the same
hair style today that she had on her wedding day! She was so cute!!
After this, it was so perfect because my mom commented that
this was about the time their wedding reception started...then
the door bell rang. SURPRISE! We had planned an open house for them
with just a few friends and family.

These are 2 of my dad's sisters Ann and Marilyn.
Two of his brothers also were there, but they left before I
thought to get my camera out.
(L-R) Sister Burton, Diana, Ellie, Casey, Garth and Anne.
Garth and Anne are helping us with our garden this year,
they are truly angels sent from heaven!!!

Mom and dad with their LONG time friends Gil and Gwen Kerbs!


Michael and Melanie Kennelly...I totally love them!!
And then the evening came to a great end!!!


3 comments:

Bridgette said...

Happy Anniversary guys! I can't believe how young your mom still looks. If my hair looked that good, I wouldn't change it either.

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

What a wonderful surprise for them! It looks like you all had a great time. Tell them happy anniversary for me...even though it's a bit late.

Alyssa said...

So cute!! I love that you did this for them. What a fun way to celebrate such an important event!! You are the coolest daughter ever! (I can say this cuz I know you are the coolest friend ever!) Good Work Shelley!