Thursday, May 7, 2009

The Friendly Freezer...

I have decided that freezing dinners for a rainy day is going to be my saving grace! I have really been trying hard to do this and when I have it has been so helpful. I found this site called the friendly freezer and it has so many recipes and tips on how to freeze casseroles, soups or really anything, the right way. This has come in handy on days that I am not feeling well or on days I am so busy I don't have a chance to make a "real" dinner, or if I am just plain lazy...which hardly ever happens :D (this is a smiley face for those that I have been confusing). I hope this weekend will be the beginning of a cooking marathon. Let's all just keep our fingers crossed that I don't get sick! Here is the address for the friendly freezer, I will also put it in my fun links! http://snider.mardox.com/. Let the freezing begin!

5 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

Freezer meals are awesome. My sister in law actually has a freezer group where they cook together or meet at a place to trade meals with other freezer people. I think they call it OAMC(Once a month cooking).

Lanette said...

Right on, Sista'! I've always admired people who do that. I have yet to take the freezing plunge. Good luck, this weekend!

Jean said...

My sister-in-law in Texas (Joe's wife Shaleen) is a freezer meal guru! She has put together a freezer meal cookbook. I'll track down a copy for you if your interested. I'll pass along your info to her and see if she can't get something to you. She LOVES sharing this kind of great stuff. Happy cooking!

Alyssa said...

Hooray for freezer meals!! Thank you for finding such a great website.

As for the comment you left on our blog... You DO need to hang out with us more. I hope you know that our house is your house when you come for Lisa's wedding.(I'm praying that you will feel well enough, and your parents are okay to let you come!!) I can't believe it is getting so close! But I am so excited to see you again!!! I am doing a happy dance right here on my chair just thinking about it!!

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

Fabulous! This'll be a great help! When I do freeze soups and casseroles, etc. it's so handy and easy and I thank myself profusely for thinking ahead and being prepared. You'll love it too. Something else I've done is cook lots of meat at the same time, beef and chicken (though the chicken wouldn't be a good idea for you) and then freeze it so it's ready to add to whatever dinner I'm making and it cuts down on time to make the meal.

Thanks again for this new site!