Thursday, May 28, 2009

A DREAM COME TRUE...

Time sure does fly when you are having fun! My mom has taken 6 weeks of leave from work through the family and medical leave act so she can spend more time with my dad. And, we have been busy!! I have always had a dream, that someday, men would all be free....oh, that is another story!!! I have always had a dream and my parents made that dream come true!!! This is something I have wanted to do for about 10 years and I was never able to, but it happened, it really happened!!! I went to:
BEAR WORLD!!!
So for all of you who have never had the chance to go, let me take you on a ride through the park!! I decided to only use some of my 800 pictures...ok, that was an exaggeration, but I took a LOT!

This is the dream team!! (no, that bear next to them is not real...in case you were worried)



OOPS...a bear bum. I don't know how that got in there :D

We were behind the feeding truck so we saw soooo many bears!!


Normally if you saw this right outside your car window you might be worried,
but the great park rangers said that if a bear attacks your car
just honk 3 times and they will come and protect you...I don't know if that
made me feel a lot better since they were driving around in golf carts!


This beauty just walked right in front of us.
It is a good thing the speed limit was 3 mph!



This bear was headed for the feeding truck


These were the bigger cubs playing in a little pen!










This one even came over to say "hi"








There is really only one word for this picture - HUGE!!!










Now this scared me I turned to look out my window...come to think of it, they never said what to do if a buffalo attacked your car!!!











Now, this is the "all amazing" albino elk! I won't say who but 3 out of the 3 people in the car thought it was a really big mountain goat...


















Wow, that was an amazing trip! If any of you out of towners are driving through take the time to go through
YELLOWSTONE'S
BEAR WORLD!!



2 comments:

Debbie Murdock said...

This looks so familiar for some reason?!?! We're going to be up near Island Park area in a few months is this anywhere near there???

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

When Bear World was really new (and small) and I was up at Ricks I went with Sister Blanchard...remember her?! I remember a bear putting his face right up to the window (closed of course) and his nose sliding across the window as he was looking inside. Good thing we were speading by at 3 mph! It really was a neat experience and i bet it's even better now since they've built it up more!
I'm really glad you got to go!!!!