Friday, September 18, 2009

Diet Tricks...some of what I've learned so far!!!


Since I had my surgery I have learned so many tricks to dieting that I had no idea about. So, I thought I would share this great info. Maybe most of you know this already, but maybe some of you don't :0)!

1. Always eat the fruit, not the fruit juice. The only time you should drink fruit juice is if you are trying to GAIN weight!! There are so many calories in juice, even 100% fruit juice with no sugar added.

2. So, what do you drink then? Something with only 5-10 calories per serving. FLAVORED WATER like Crystal Light and Propel. Or Diet Snapple, Xzude, Fruit 2-0. Remember high calorie drinks cause that "mysterious" WEIGHT GAIN!

3. DON'T FORGET THE WATER - 64 oz a day!

4. Great salad dressing? Try salsa. Or mix powdered low fat/fat free ranch dressing and mix it with low fat cottage cheese or fat free sour cream, this is also great for dip.

I am sure there will be more great tricks to come. I hope someone finds this helpful!

2 comments:

Kyle, Amy, and Joshua said...

I LOVE the frog blanket!!!! And, a tip...for salad a tiny bit of extra virgin olive oil goes a long way and is the most healthy oil, and it brings out all the natural flavors in the food. YUM!!! And, AMAZING talk! yeah, I haven't checked your blog (or anyones) in a LONG time. Hope you're doing great!

jenifer said...

love the tips!! hope all is going well. mmm... a salad sounds good right now.